We’re living through unprecedented, uncertain times. The Coronavirus crisis is changing how charities use digital to work, fundraise, and offer services.
You may be wondering how to adapt your ways of working and services, or looking at what you need to do next about digital. We've got some resources to help.
One of the Code’s partners, The Catalyst, is currently researching how charities are adapting to this new reality and engaging with digital. We’ll be supporting what they learn about user needs by updating this page regularly with resources to help you.
If you'd like to talk to an expert about any digital challenges you're facing during Covid-19, book a free 1 hour consultation on Digital Candle.
Remote working and digital skills
- How to work remotely during Coronavirus by David Ainsworth at CAST
- How to review your progress with remote working by Beth Parfitt, Head of Digital at Tearfund
- Digital remote working tools: sector tips by Matt Chittock for Charitycomms
- How to help staff adjust to remote working by Zoe Amar for Digital Leaders
- 15 free digital communications resources for charities to use during the coronavirus pandemic by Media Trust
- Digital tools guide from The Catalyst
- Home working and cybersecurity guide from The National Centre for Cybersecurity
Digital service delivery
- New service delivery model resources from SCVO
- Coronavirus: The best digital tools for service delivery by Chloe Green for Charity Digital News
- How Action for Children are supporting more families by using digital by Lynn Roberts
- How The Mix adapted to Coronavirus lockdown by Platypus Digital
- Resources for charity digital service delivery by The Catalyst
- Digital service delivery Zoom calls and resources (including case studies and how to deal with safeguarding) by Thirdsectorlab
- Service Recipes - practical guides to help charities reuse and learn from one another’s services from Catalyst
- Self-isolation, social distancing and digital inclusion by Aaron Slater for SCVO
- Coronavirus digital inclusion resources by Citizens Online
- Reboot by Nominet, a tool to help you plan a cost-effective, practical and environmentally friendly way to get your community online.
What do we do next with digital?
- The Charity Digital Code of Practice has created a checklist to help charity boards and leaders with the decisions they need to make about digital during the crisis.
- The Charity Digital Code of Practice will be running a series of ‘What next?’ webinars to help you work out your next steps with digital during COVID-19. See dates and topics here
- Seven tips for leading your charity through its COVID-19 digital transformation process by Joe Roberson
- How to become a digital leader overnight by Zoe Amar for Charity Digital News
- Take a look at the principles on leadership, strategy and managing risk in The Charity Digital Code of Practice.
We’ll be adding to this page and creating new content, including webinars, to help you throughout the crisis, so keep an eye out for changes.
If you’ve got any suggestions for resources, or you’ve got any questions please email me us on email@example.com